Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I AM crazy

I have too much to do. I always have too much to do. I often wonder about those people who have blissful time of not much to do. Not me.

But I keep taking it on.

I am now the Recruitment Leader for the JDRF Capital Chapter. This is a fantastic opportunity for me. I'll be using some of the skills that I used when I worked and working with something that I am (now) passionate about.

I'll be working to help identify opportunities to get more "Advocates" on board - advocates being people who are willing to contact our Senators and Representatives regarding important Diabetes issues. I'll also be contacting the Congressional Representative offices covered by our chapter (8 of them - between MD, DC, and VA) to schedule meetings to discuss their support of important legislation. Right now, that is the Special Diabetes Program, a $150M program that is up for renewal next Spring. We are starting a campaign to contact 400 representatives through meetings in their home districts to discuss how diabetes has affected our families and to ask for their support. I have 8 to get scheduled and 1 to attend (my own district)

I am excited about this role and it is very important in the chapter and involved with Government Relations, all of which is exciting to me, but who knows when I'll find the time to do it all!

No comments: