Saturday, November 24, 2007

Highs ... and Highs

I have posted a few times about Emma's sling-shotting Highs and Lows. Well, for the past few days, its been basically Highs. And not small highs, big highs. I corrected a 476 at 3 hours after dinner last night. She didn't even eat enough food to spike her that high. That has been the case for the past few days.

I have checked her ketones over and over and she had none, so I'm confident she was getting insulin. And with corrections, she eventually comes down. So, I think we need to change some meal ratios. But gosh, I hate to do that right as we are going on vacation - talk about screwed up. We're probably gonna be so out of whack by the time we return.

Now I'm just waiting to hear back from the nurse about my proposed changes and then I'll be making some. This is just so frustrating.

No comments: