Friday, August 10, 2007

Three Steps Forward

Well, we have completed 3 steps on our checklist to putting Emma on a pump.

1) We attended pump night and we chose our pump - the Animas 2020. We liked the color screen the best, we liked the feel of the buttons and I think it has the best management for our 2 year old with little teeny doses

2) I scheduled our appointment with the child psychologist. Everyone going on the pump has to go through this step, and they even have a point where they talk to the children and the parents separately. I'm sure this is much more valuable for an older child than Emma, but if they'd like to carry on a conversation with her - I guarantee you she will oblige. Our appointment is in two weeks.

3) I faxed the paperwork to the pump company for them to start the process with the insurance company to purchase the pump. From what I understand, working with the particular medical supply company that our insurance company requires is painful, so I hope that they can navigate this as quickly as possible.

I hope to have her starting on the pump by mid-Sept. After we go through the psych appt, then the pump will be ordered and shipped. A pump representative will come to our house to train us on the pump and then Mike and I each have to wear it for a time with a saline drip before Emma wears it.

1 comment:

Bennet said...

Wishing you all the best in the pump process.