Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lack of sleep will make you lose your mind!!

We haven't had much sleep since Wednesday morning when Emma first got sick. Our experiment last night in giving carbs overnight (with insulin) didn't help the ketones - she still woke up with them. And she had them during the day today too.

I did Emma's 2-hour and then her 3-hour after dinner check this evening - she went up between the two. That didn't surprise me, frankly, since her numbers have been wacky since she got sick

I gave her juice (I know, why give her juice when she's going up - but we need to for the ketones) and a big old correction. I went to update my spreadsheet and mentioned to Mike that if she still goes up, I'll go ahead and change her site, thinking we were coming up on 2 days for the site.

Turns out we are coming up on 3 days for the site! She has never had a site last 3 days and she is already about 5 hours past the longest site she's had.

So, I did a site change. But, this was AFTER the big old correction that I gave her. So, who knows how effective that dose will be and we'll have another night of ups and downs.

We're running a 20% increased basal overnight right now trying to keep the numbers down.

I just hope she kicks this bug soon!!

No comments: